Space-Based Photographs Indicate Iran's Naval Forces and Atomic Sites Hit by Joint US and Israeli Airstrikes.

Multiple joint attacks has reportedly eliminated or harmed a minimum of eleven Iranian naval vessels starting Saturday, recently obtained orbital imagery demonstrate, with rocket sites and atomic facilities also sustaining hits.

Images of the southerly Konarak military port and the Bandar Abbas port facility, which sits on the strategic Hormuz Strait and contains the main command of the Iranian navy, reveal black smoke pouring from multiple ships on the start of the week.

Naval Fleet Incurred Significant Damage

Among the targets eliminated was the IRINS Makran, Iran's most sizable ship which had functioned as a drone carrier. Orbital photos showed black smoke emanating from the vessel which had been stationed at the Bandar Abbas base.

Analytical evaluations suggest that no fewer than five ships at Bandar Abbas were "damaged or eliminated". Photos of the southern end of the port depict smoke rising from the Makran, while two other vessels appear to be harmed, with one of them visibly ablaze.

At the Konarak base, images show numerous damaged vessels, with analysis pointing to damage to six ships. Pictures from Monday also show that several facilities at the base have been demolished.

"For decades the Iran's leadership has harassed international shipping," an American commander declared. "Now, there is not a single Iranian ship at sea in the Arabian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz or Sea of Oman, and we will not stop."

A number of vessels allegedly sunk may have been hidden in satellite images by weather conditions or battle damage, or struck at sea, and have not been conclusively proven. Other accounts suggested that a ship from Iran was going down near Sri Lankan territorial waters, leading to a search and rescue mission.

Rocket Sites and Atomic Facilities Attacked

Neutralizing Iranian missile bases and the stopping atomic bomb programs were listed as further aims of the air campaign. Satellite images also depicted strikes on the southerly Khorgu and northwestern Tabriz facilities, and at the Konarak air base, where missile storage facilities and bunkers were targeted.

At the Choqa Balk-e drone unmanned aircraft site to the west of the city of Kermanshah, extensive damage was observed to warehouses, bunkers and drone launch equipment.

Damage was also seen at a surveillance station at the Zahedan airbase in eastern Iran, close to the frontier with neighboring nations.

Significantly, the latest wave of attacks have reportedly hit installations at Natanz – considered at the heart of the country's nuclear programme. A global monitoring agency said that the affected buildings were used for access to the site's below-ground enrichment facility and that "no release of radioactive material" was likely.

Wider Fallout and Assessment

Observers indicated that the offensive appeared to have "largely neutralized" the Iranian navy's capability to conduct standard operations using its biggest warships. Nevertheless, it was stressed that Tehran still has the ability to launch unconventional attacks at sea through the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, mini-submarines and its so-called "ghost fleet" of oil ships.

The total scale of the damage caused to Iran's defense infrastructure remains unclear, with strikes said to be persisting. Pictures also reveals considerable destruction to the headquarters of the the IRGC in the city of Tehran.

A large number of civilian buildings also appear to have been hit in the capital and throughout Iran since the conflict started. Toll estimates from local officials state that hundreds of civilians may have been killed in the bombardment.

With the conflict ongoing, review of satellite imagery will carry on to document the changing battlefield picture.

Stephanie Dominguez
Stephanie Dominguez

A tech journalist and digital strategist with over a decade of experience covering AI, cybersecurity, and future tech trends across Europe.